Software Engineer – Android
About the department
About the job
To use Mobile development tools to develop applications to support the deployment of content and classified listings. To develop web applications using Mobile development tools and Object Oriented programming techniques to support a variety of web interfaces.
Who are we looking for?
- Build effective mobile applications that will aid and enhance user experience
- Support and maintain existing mobile applications
- Assist in overall planning, researching, developing and testing
- Keep up to date and stay abreast with latest mobile technologies, standards and programming techniques
- Produce design documentation in line with the project scope and deliverables; comprising the following:
- Data Design
- Activity Diagrams
- Other design artefacts as required
- Strong knowledge on mobile design technologies, protocols, standards and frameworks
- Development using Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology
- Constructively challenge and discuss opportunities/alternatives
- Optimize queries, indexes, stored procedures and other to increase throughput, availability, scalability, redundancy, superior performance and quick recoverability
- Perform Android technology reviews during implementation to ensure that the organisation is ready to adopt the project changes
- Gather stakeholder feedback at various phases of the project
- Maintain code of existing applications
- Analyse and fix data irregularities and write code when necessary to fix problems
- Optimize code to increase throughput, availability, scalability, redundancy, superior performance and quick recoverability
- Ensure that all code for the project is version controlled, kept up to date, circulated as appropriate in an agreed standard format
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in an IT-related field
- 3 Year plus experience in Android Development.
- Good knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Experience using git for version and source control.
- Good knowledge Java and Android Studio environment.
- Experience with web services and data formats like (JSON, XML, REST).
- Experience with integrating with third party APIs (Facebook, Four Square, Google Maps, Paypal etc)
- Solid understanding of mobile development life cycle.
- Experience in releasing and maintaining Android apps in Google Play.