Senior Infrastructure Engineer
About the department
About the job
Working within the corporate IT cloud strategy, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will provide effective IT assistance for all offices in SEA, across all aspects of the business. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Windows Servers, network infrastructure, G Suite environment, telephone infrastructure, plus overseeing the service desk. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects, activities, cloud-based technologies.
Who are we looking for?
IT infrastructure and Facilities
- Monitoring, maintaining, and improving all aspects of the network for all offices such as routers, switches, internet availability, WiFi APs, cabling, VPN
- Manage and monitor file and server backups for all offices such as backup reviews, disaster recovery, backup procedures
- Support and maintenance of the G Suite environment.
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and supporting firewalls for all offices
- Ensuring security updates, firmware updates and patches are applied and kept up to date on all IT infrastructure for the group
- Ensuring the network is always protected from threats such as malware, spam, viruses, firewall ports, best practices
- Ensure high availability of Windows and Linux servers on the Google Cloud Platform
- Maintain VOIP telephone infrastructure for all
- Install and configure computer hardware and software
- Supporting the roll out of new applications
- Accurately record events and problems and their resolution in the Service Desk. Prioritizing and managing support cases (ticketing)
- Identify and suggest possible improvement on procedures
- Performing remote troubleshooting if needed
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software issues
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create/disable accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding/off-boarding process
- Support audio and video equipment in meeting rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Head of Office Infrastructure
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Head of Office Infrastructure
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT related matters
- Conceptualize, design and execute projects to improve systems, networks and operations for all offices
- Provide technical mentoring and assistance to the local Office Infrastructure staff in regional offices to maintain and improve IT infrastructure and application platforms
- Travel to regional offices to undertake assigned projects and conduct IT infrastructure health checks
- Act as first escalation point for all offices. Complex IT issues should be escalated to the Head of Office Infrastructure where necessary.
- Manage service incidents for the group. Issuing downtime notification, approval, and downtime completion notification according to ITIL standards.
- Degree or above in IT, Computer Science or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation certification is highly desirable
- Networking certification is highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years experience in the IT Support/Technical Support field
- Minimum 1 year experience across Active Directory Management, Group Policy, User account administration.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Network support field
- Good English communication skills is a MUST
- Advanced knowledge across Windows Desktop Platforms (Windows 7/8/10), Apple Mac Platforms (OSX & basic UNIX fundamentals)
- Working knowledge of mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Understands cloud computing standards and related technologies (SAAS/PAAS/IAAS)
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2018/2012, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies
- Advanced knowledge on networking – wireless AP’s, network switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, subnetting, LAN/WAN
- Familiarity with service desk ticketing systems and SLA’s is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise email concepts – MX records, SPF/DMARC/DKIM, attachment filtering
- Working knowledge of IT security (malware, spam, antivirus, best practices, network)