Digital Graphic Designer
About the department
iCar Asia is the largest network of online automotive sites in ASEAN, reaching over 7 million people every month across Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Our brands include Carlist.my and LiveLifeDrive.com in Malaysia, Mobil123.com in Indonesia, and one2car.com, Autospinn.com and ThaiCar.com in Thailand. We are publicly listed company on Australian Stock Exchange with our Head Office based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia… and we are on the hunt to recruit ONLY the absolute best talent this region has to offer!
About the job
To work within the marketing team in a tactically oriented function to meet the graphic design needs of the Company. The Company seeks a competent and creative designer that consults with internal clients to determine visual requirements that support organizational business goals. The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable designer with strong communication skills specifically seeking a fast moving environment to work in.
Who are we looking for?
- Responsible for the creation of all online and offline visual design, including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design for all platforms
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with the various stakeholders to ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message and functions successfully
- Be capable of leading the creative aspects of a project and have demonstrated strong business acumen.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BS / BA university degree a plus, or significant equivalent experience
- Solid experience as a graphic designer in the following areas: Interactive, agency creative, and graphic design
- Experience in web designing and familiar with online marketing
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks, Dreamweaver etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such as HTML & Flash
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collateral and Ad Creation: knowledge of typography, spatial orientation, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements. (portfolio or samples of design work may be submitted)
- Ability to create superior and original designs with strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of an online company; able to demonstrate successful design and integration; and be able to deliver projects on time
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is essential for a fast-paced environment
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc
- Ability to quickly improvise designs and provide creative solutions with varying amount of existing assets provided
- Project Management: Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials, and plans design concepts accordingly. Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement size, type size and font style, and related aesthetic concepts. Obtains approval of concept and prepares finalised artwork
- Process Skills: Knowledge and experience to fulfil artwork in a multi‐media platform. This includes determining papers, colours, printing processes, and camera ready output. One must also have knowledge of the different formats and requirements acceptable to any electronic and/or digital media outlet.
- Department / Team Relations: Must have exceptional listening skills. Must be willing to interact with each stakeholder and translate their ideas into effective design; may be required to make presentations when needed
- Workload Organization Skills: Able to prioritize, organise, and manage a substantial workload. This includes being able to complete jobs in a timely manner or on a specified deadline.