Head of Sales (New Car)
About the department
iCarAsia is the largest network of online automotive sites in ASEAN, reaching over 7 million people every month across Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Our brands include Carlist.my and LiveLifeDrive.com in Malaysia, Mobil123.com in Indonesia, and one2car.com, Autospinn.com and ThaiCar.com in Thailand. We are a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange with our Head Office based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia…
About the job
The Head of Sales – New Car is responsible for creating and executing the new car strategy and ensure that the product is well adapted and sellable. Head of Sales – New Car is to lead & coach a team of sales people and servicing agents to deliver outstanding achievement and foster a high performance sales culture. Focus is on creating a market place for new car distributors and go-to-market for new car product and services. Achieve revenue targets by up-selling to depth products and delivering outstanding customer service.
Who are we looking for?
Leadership & Management
- Understanding market demands to develop a clear product pricing and strategy for targeted customer
- Developing internal team on go-to-market strategy
- Achieve sales targets consistently always striving to overachieve.
- Executes the sales strategy via 90 day business plans.
- Lead objection handling and training sessions with sales team to ensure the are capable of overcoming in market.
- Creates and executes strategies to achieve team success through new and innovative solutions.
- Provide sales tools and operational processes to ensure the Sales strategy is executed correc
- Leads from the front and by actions, not words. These actions inspire the right behaviour across the team.
- Champions the iCar core values.
- Provides weekly reporting and forecasting on time and accurately.
- Best of breed communication strategies are in place to maximise impact
- Monitor and manage teams effectively
- Pro-actively performance manage the team to drive optimum performance of individuals and the team
- Induction of all new Account Managers to the team
- Weekly training of Account Managers and direct reporting lines
- Ensure Account Managers and Listing Force daily/ weekly KPI’s are met and pipelines updated
Team Development and Culture
- Lead on-line education in Malaysia to Dealerships
- Coordinate the negotiation process for large client contracts.
- Establishes and builds close relationships with senior people at Dealerships.
- Responsible for the level of service and customer satisfaction experienced by our clients and advertising agencies.
- Champion our brand to the market.
- Seek market intelligence and feedback to the business on a regular basis to ensure we are developing and evolving our products & services and defining the Customer Marketing strategy and implementation
- Educate and train all dealerships to ensure they are self-uploading and providing quality moderation
- Working with Operations team to ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and to specification
- Collaborate with the Management, undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required by the Management or that may be reasonably foreseen through proactive role engagement and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
- Marketing and/or business related degree.
- At least 3 years automotive advertising experience to dealers in Malaysia
- Minimum of 3 years people management experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior sales or sales management
- In depth knowledge of advertising processes and strategies
- Computer / Internet / Software literacy
- Excellent organisation, time management and communication skills
- Numerate, understanding of excel, ppt, email and word