Senior Content Writer
About the department
To establish iCar Asia as the leading Automotive Media company in Malaysia by championing our products in market and providing digital education and innovation to the industry, advertising agencies & clients. Grow revenue across multiple platforms, increasing market share from other forms of media and our competitors.
About the job
- Leverage manufacturer relationships to conceptualise and produce content that supports their events, marketing and promotional plans.
- Broaden manufacturer’s exposure and content depth via innovative content ideas.
- Continue to build and grow relationships with automotive manufacturers and strive for exclusive opportunities.
- Broaden our content offering by conceptualising and presenting new, unique, exclusive content ideas to manufacturers and clients.
- To identify and develop content gaps and opportunities within the market that iCar can fill.
- To leverage media trips, test drive exclusives and other media opportunities to create content of the highest quality that is delivered with immediacy, is insightful and has its own style and unique delivery.
- To work with VDO Content Director to create, present and produce video content.
- To assist Thaicar.com users with the buying and selling content/scoop and keep them engaged for longer periods on the site.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- To actively look for PR opportunities and partnerships to promote our brand and role’s motoring expertise and credibility in the motoring industry.
- At all events, media trips and on a daily basis to actively promote our brands and content via social media outlets – for e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- At industry and client events build our brand and value proposition.
- Work closely with the Group Content Manager and Content Team in Malaysia and Indonesia as required.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to assist in content ideas.
- Work closely with Video and Content Team for timely delivery and production of content, videos and other related issue.
- Provide support and advice on content to junior staff.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Technical Writing or related field.
- Min 5 years of content writing experience preferably in Motoring industry.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, high performance driven environment.
- Ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure and format of a range of written material.
- Mature and good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flair in writing.
- Good command in English and Thai, both writing and speaking.
- Able to use WordPress and Photoshop.
- Able to show copies of previous writing to showcase skill sets.