Senior Finance/Finance Executive
The Finance function is separated into two parts; in-country Finance and Group Finance.
a) The in-country Finance team’s responsibilities include financial reporting internally for management and externally for compliance with statutory and taxation requirements. The team is also responsible of payroll processing that is performed in-house. We provide management reports to assist department heads with running their departments efficiently, and of course we also make sure we invoice our customers promptly and accurately, and pay our invoices to our suppliers on time! We are also responsible for local audit, banking and liaison with service providers.
b) Group Finance is responsible for strategic and practical Group-wide financial matters, including the regulatory requirements associated with the listing of our holding company and parent company on the Australian stock exchange and compliance with the requirements of the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), all reporting and business information, treasury management, mergers & acquisitions, legal, tax, company secretarial and share capital management, financial and strategic planning and budgeting, investor relations, business analytics, board reporting, trademarks and risk management.
The Operations team supports the Classifieds Sales team by uploading and managing listings and advertising on our sites. The team is also responsible to provide excellent customer service and sales support to delight customers through excellence in service. Within Operations, we have several distinct teams:
a) Up loaders: we are the tireless team members who physically transfer onto the website all the data brought in by the Listings Force!
b) Customer Care: we look after callers (dealers and private sellers) who are struggling to use our site easily
c) Quality Assurance / Moderation: we confirm that the listings brought in by the Listings Force have all the details needed to be uploaded and are good-to-go. We also double-check listings to make sure that fraudulent ads and/or duplications never appear on our sites
About the job
To assist the Head of Finance in managing the Country Finance function.
- Responsible of day-to-day operational matters of the accounts department.
- Assist with preparation of full set of accounts and all supporting schedules for management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts and management reports.
- Handle daily accounting functions and monthly closing activities including preparation and processing of month end journals.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journals function and analysis of general ledger accounts and expenses.
- Verify and process invoices, payments and journal entries.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness and data integrity of all financial data.
- Coordinate with auditors, tax agents as well as bankers/financial providers.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Prepare schedule and responsible of paper work and filing.
- Collaborate with the Management, undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required by the Management that may be reasonably foreseen through proactive role engagement and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
Who are we looking for?
- Highly committed and able to work independently in fast pace environment.
- Results oriented and able to multitask to deliver results within time line.
- Extremely high standards of accuracy, presentation, care over work and an eye for detail.
- Pro-active in creating own workload and looking for tasks; able to self-motivate, work independently and use own initiative in the absence of clear guidelines by identifying tasks/issues , projects and/or potential problems in advance and creating solutions.
- An efficient, calm, fast and flexible approach; prioritises workload to meet targets and deadlines; manages multiple priorities; adapts quickly to changing requirements in a very fast-paced working environment.
- Accountable and responsible; follows up on work, sees tasks through to completion and takes ownership of outcomes.
- A sensitive, discreet, diplomatic and sophisticated manner when dealing with colleagues, senior management and third parties; listens carefully and establishes credibility.
- Adopts a positive, innovative and creative attitude to work; thinks outside the box and explores the better way of doing things and takes on a “sleeves-rolled-up” and “can-do”approach even when faced with challenges.
- Maintains absolute integrity and confidentiality; is trustworthy, honest, credible and reliable.