Assistant HoD, Digital Media Sales
About the department
The iCar Asia Network consists of the following brands across the ASEAN region:
Carlist.my is Malaysia’s No.1 car site connecting car buyers, sellers and enthusiasts to a single platform which encompasses car classifieds and informative content. Carlist.my has the largest number of car listings for sale in Malaysia with over 100,000 listings available within its database. Reaching an audience of over 590,000 unique visitors viewing over 7 million pages a month, Carlist.my strives to provide consumers with a comprehensive and positive automotive research and purchasing experience.
Visit Carlist.my now>
LiveLifeDrive.com (LLD) was acquired in early 2013 and was Malaysia’s fastest growing automotive portal for 2012 with an impressive growth of 400%. Considered to be the largest buying buying guide for car buyers in Malaysia, LLD is visited by over 310,000 unique car buyers conducting research on over 3 million pages per month.
LLD also encompasses a quarterly print publication that has a circulation of 15,000 and is one of the few publications that achieves a 100% reach on every issue. As per the website, the magazine supports the providence of extensive coverage and reviews of new cars in Malaysia and is a favourite amongst prominent industry players and enthusiasts.
Visit LiveLifeDrive.com now>
Malaysian EVO was created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and is the purest, most focused motoring magazine in the market today, devoted exclusively to the world’s fastest & most desirable cars. Written by a team with unrivalled knowledge and experience of high performance motoring, motorsports and aftermarket tuning, Malaysian EVO is the only magazine that captures the passion and excitement of the world’s greatest cars.
Malaysian EVO has a 30,000 circulation each month and has an estimated readership of 85,700.
Mobil123.com is the leading Indonesian dedicated online automotive classifieds website with over 100,000 listings within the site. Mobil123.com allows both motor vehicle dealers and private sellers to list cars for sale and has over 2.39 million pages viewed by more than 207,000 visitors a month. It also covers content and information on the local automotive market to its users.
Visit Mobile123.com now>
Autospinn.com is the leading automotive content website for Thai users. Created to primarily focus on automotive news and content, including coverage of launches, test drives, enthusiast information and automotive industry content, Autospinn.com has a reach of over 474,000 unique visitors viewing over 1.2 million pages per month.
Visit Autospinn.com now>
About the job
The Assistant Manager of Digital Media Sales is responsible for delivering advertising revenue across iCar Asia’s digital portfolio. With a client base including major Media Agencies as well as Direct clients, the Assistant Manager is tasked with creating innovative, solution based ideas to deliver on client’s objectives and increase iCar’s revenue base and market share.
The below are the key responsibilities:
- Proactively prospect, develop and cultivate sales leads to build sales pipeline.
- Display a thorough understanding of assigned account’s business needs and revenue potential.
- Grow & maintain advertisers and agency relationships to effectively build and grow ad revenue.
- Analyse data trends and campaign performances to formulate strategic sales pitches.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets according to sales game plan.
- Prepare innovative & turn-key sales proposals (across multiple sites) to meet client’s needs and expectations.
- Presents, negotiates and sells digital media solutions to prospective agency and direct clients, typically pitching to media planners and marketing managers.
- Responsible to oversee and ensure the correct follow-up with the client.
- Recommending effective media solutions and proving campaign updates to ensure that our advertisers are satisfied with their ROI.
- Take full responsibility for advertiser’s campaign management including contracts and billings.
- Responsible to report weekly sales achievements and pipeline growth to Head of Media Solutions on a regular and accurate basis.
Who are we looking for?
Do you meet the requirement(s)?
- At least a Diploma/Degree/Master Degree in Business/ Mass Communication? Advertising or any relevant course of study
- 3 years and above working experience in digital media industry or online media industry (NOT publishing or printing industry)
- Outstanding ability to translate strategic thinking into proactive execution
- Pro-active working style & excellent time management; able to self-motivate, work independently
- An efficient, calm, fast and flexible approach; plans work thoroughly, prioritises workload to meet targets and deadlines, manages multiple prioritiesin a very fast-paced working environment
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills; a confident, speedy and effective decision-maker with gravitas and persuasive presentation skills