Account Manager (Kuala Lumpur/Penang/Johor Bahru)
About the department
To establish the Company as the leading Automotive Media company by championing our products in market and providing digital education and innovation to the industry, advertising agencies & clients. To grow revenue across multiple platforms, increasing market share from other forms of media and our competitors.
About the job
To build customer relationships and attracting new customers to use Carlist.my by managing the accounts and territory that has been assigned. To promote Carlist.my to potential customers and enable adaptation. To promote monetize products and upsell upcoming enhancements. To collect customer feedbacks and channel the issues to relevant departments and ensure solutions are provided accordingly.
Who are we looking for?
- Engage all dealers in assigned areas given by the HoD
- Convert dealers into self-upload
- To sell monetize product and other enhancement products.
- Train and guide dealers on how to use the product
- To manage dealer inventory list to ensure updated and quality listings.
- Acquisition of new customers
- Contact and follow up on any inconsistencies
- Perform a minimum of 7 actual business calls per day
- Reset passwords for dealers who have forgotten their login
- Ensure all clusters are at 100% coverage
- Furnish daily activity report inclusive of closed won/ lost by territory and accounts
- Build, revive and manage customer accounts
- Work actively towards monthly car listings and revenue targets
- Gather & analyse market intelligence from areas assigned
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with dealers
- Understands customers’ needs
- Liaise with listings force team to ensure listings quality is achieved
- Participate fully in the team’s daily morning briefing , providing feedbacks and ideas to the team lead/manager to help grow the business
- Collaborate with the Management, undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required by the Management or that may be reasonably foreseen through proactive role engagement and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
- Reset password upon request from dealers
- Masquerade as dealer account only with consent from customers.
- No changes on daily work, scope and responsibilities unless instructed by Head of Sales – Dealer
- Reports to Head of Sales – Dealers
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Possess a minimum school certificate (SPM or equivalent )
- Relevant work experience in outdoor sales (circa 2+years)
- Excellent product knowledge
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications (MS Office)
- Required language(s): Chinese, Malay and English
- Must be able to speak at least one Chinese dialect fluently
- Pleasant looking & courteous when meeting customers face-to-face
- Good time management
- A results-driven and professional style with sophisticated sales skills; able to deliver high-results and to display innovation, positivity, enthusiasm and passion even during challenging situations
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and effective co-ordinator with a professional, charming but assertive manner as needed; able to acknowledge the importance of managing reputation
- Extremely high standards of accuracy, presentation, care over work and an eye for detail
- Pro-active in creating own workload and looking for tasks; able to self-motivate, work independently and use own initiative in the absence of clear guidelines by identifying tasks/issues , projects and/or potential problems in advance and creating solutions
- An efficient, calm, fast and flexible approach; prioritises workload to meet targets and deadlines; manages multiple priorities; adapts quickly to changing requirements in a very fast-paced working environment
- Accountable and responsible; follows up on work, sees tasks through to completion and takes ownership of outcomes
- A proactive approach communication at different levels and in different contexts; able and willing to adapt style to build and maintain relationships
- A sensitive, discreet, diplomatic and sophisticated manner when dealing with colleagues, senior management and third parties; listens carefully and establishes credibility
- Strong focus on relationship-building; able to display positivity and an outgoing, sociable demeanour while balancing with discretion
- Adopts a positive, innovative and creative attitude to work; thinks outside the box and explores the better way of doing things and takes on a “sleeves-rolled-up” and “can-do” approach even when faced with challenges
- Maintains absolute integrity and confidentiality; is trustworthy, honest, credible and reliable
- Takes care over personal appearance and adopts a professional manner and dress code at all times
- Resourceful and able to gather information related to process improvements and drive sales by manging customer expectation
- Self-motivated; has high level of energy in achieveing targets and managing workload
- Should possess own car as this is an outdoor job. Allowances are provided accordingly.
- Current, clean driving license for regular client visits
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours and weekends as may be required to build client relationships and attend events.
- Required to travel to meet clients
- Required to work flexible hours