About the department
The Product and Technology Group is the idea and application development team that creates and maintains the large-scale digital publishing and classified listings systems that enable iCar Asia to distribute to and monetize buyers, private sellers, dealers and advertisers while always maintaining a significant innovative and market leading position.
About the job
Design and implementation of effective and intuitive interfaces for a variety of technology applications (mobile/desktop/web/thick-client/tablet) delivered across iCar Asia.
Who are we looking for?
- Work with product managers, business analysts, consumers, customers, developers, designers, and web developers to ensure high quality user-centric design is consistently applied. Take responsibility for all user interfaces adhering to iCar Asia’s usability, design, and accessibility guidelines.
- Translating requirements and designs into prototypes or workable layouts, HTML coding, CSS coding, JS/Jquery coding, Twitter bootstrap customization and PHP/backend integration with font-end coding as required.
- Create navigation, user journey, task flows, information, and interaction design elements for iCar Asia web products and communicate these to business stakeholders and development teams. This includes building storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
User Experience Design and Development
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Measure UX interactions to support designs, including: mental demand, physical effort, mental requirements, performance/speed, effort, and frustration.
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows. Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use.
- Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas
- Work with the design team to direct the visual appearance of new features and enhancements
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
- Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards.
- Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in both departmental discussions and on issues relating to other departments
Indicators (with each UX update the following will be evaluated)
- Overwhelmingly positive consumer response to new products developed and launched
- Workflows match mental models
- Increase lead counts
- Increase lead counts per user session
- Reduced bounce rate
- Increase return visitors
- Increased session duration
- Increased SEO positioning/number of keywords in the Top 10/Top 100
- Increase in top entry pages
- Reduced SEM cost per keyword
- Increased social media referrals
- Increased social media signups/likes/shares
- Increased number of newsletter signups
- Reduced churn/unsubscribe rates
- Reduced clicks to content
- Reduced “back” button interactions unless warranted
Visual Design Development
Providing front-end layouts in xHTML or native application languages that meet or exceed
Adaptability and Flexibility
- Successfully adjusts to and works effectively with changing situations, and a variety of individuals or groups;
- Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives on an issue;
- Maintains effectiveness in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- Adjusts approach to suit team/functional priorities
- Does not lose sight of intended team/functional outcomes when circumstances shift
- Assists team members to understand and adapt to change
- Manages a degree of ambiguity in the team/function
Detail and Quality Orientation
- Proactively checks work to ensure accuracy;
- Adopts a thorough and methodical approach to work;
- Consistently maintains high standards for self and others.
- Keeps clear, detailed records of own activities
- Adhere to quality/procedural standards
- Role models behaviour desired in others
- Communicates expected work standards to team members
- Generates creative and original ideas and approaches
- Seeks to improve performance by challenging conventional assumptions
- Proactively identifies and creates new opportunities
- Research the latest UX concepts, best practices, online trends, and provide recommendations to the team.
- Research and learn new tools and components to evolve designs
- Consistently generate new and original ideas
- Suggests modifications to processes and procedures to improve current experience/performance
- Offers original solutions that facilitate the achievement of team/functional goals
- Considers new concepts as potential opportunities
- Participates in ongoing activities/taskforces to develop creative initiatives
- Strives to meet or exceed standards of excellence
- Sets and reaches challenging personal and business goals
- Achieves goals and meets deadlines despite obstacles
- Perseveres with responsibilities despite the repetitive nature of work and without compromising quality or excellence
Desirable knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Solid experience working for a multinational organisation where English is the primary business language
- Previous experience in automotive and/or online media industry
- Experience within the media and/or internet industry
- Experience of delivering difficult design projects with a range of stakeholders and negotiated interests.
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge/experience in typography, website design, user interface and experience design.
- In-depth understanding of online user behavior and SEO.
- Expertise in current Internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications.
- Creativity and judgment to translate complex requirements into rough concepts and beautifully elegant, polished, professional user flows and designs.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks.
- Ensure that all websites are usable and accessible from a variety of different platforms, screen depths and other constraints.
- Exceptional eye for details such as lighting, shadowing, and alignment.
- Ability to offer and accept consistent critique of design work.
- Ability to find simple solutions to complex design and workflow problems.
- Ability to work well independently and have demonstrated motivation in a team environment.
- Ability to work closely with a wide number of stakeholders both internally and externally in a cross functional role to conceive and present brilliant user interactions.