About the department
The Product and Technology Group is the idea and application development team that creates and maintains the large-scale digital publishing and classified listings systems that enable iCar Asia to distribute to and monetize buyers, private sellers, dealers and advertisers while always maintaining a significant innovative and market leading position.
About the job
The Product Manager is responsible for representing the wants and desires of the car buyer. The role is accountable for identifying new product opportunities, developing and executing product delivery plans, and providing feedback to the other lines of business on behalf of the consumer. The core function of this role is to drive engagement between buyers and sellers that exceed expectations for those in the process of buying a car.
Who are we looking for?
- If you like surfing automotive websites all day long, this is the job for you! Really! That’s what you’ll need to do all day, even visiting sites that are not in English, talk about being exposed to world culture.
- The role also entails being a part time unqualified psychologist, you will listen to various stake holders give multiple opinions and ideas on things totally unrelated to your product. Light amount of hand holding is encouraged.
- When all is said and done, you will lead a team of amazing engineers to develop products only you can dream about. If you are the type that can articulate a dream down to the finest details (and you have to be detailed), you’ll fit right in!
- Have a plan, sell the idea, don’t scare consumers away, don’t mess up the site and don’t do silly things no matter how much revenue it will bring, you are the consumer evangelist, the silent knight, the dark watcher, the lonely guardian, be the hero the consumer needs!
- Most importantly have fun, oh and beware of the trolls. Skip the latest Game of Thrones episode at your own peril.
- Research and explore current usage of our site, how consumers want to use and benefit from the site and prepare product requirement documents and business cases (both qualitative and quantitative) in order to secure management approvals for product development proposals and projects.
- Work closely with the country managers, other product managers, technology, and marketing resources to ensure proper translation of the ideas into the appropriate Functional and Technical Specification documentation
- Lead the product development stages within the product development process in an Agile environment.
- Lead technical cross functional teams to deliver products using Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Ensure that all assigned products are developed within the product development process and are on schedule, within budget, and meet functional and unit cost specifications
- Plan and coordinate the development and introduction of product enhancements to extend/maximize product life/profitability
- Create strategic proposals; manage responses and commitments to 3rd parties who have products and services we can integrate to create a better consumer experience.
- Monitor product uptake and make recommendations to improve based on experience and market feedback
- Align product line to meet corporate strategic goals and recommend new strategies to executive management
- Ensure that the assigned products are effectively positioned against the competition
- Monitor, evaluate, and define tactical responses to competitive threats and ensure that any strategic threats are actively communicated to executive management
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Tertiary qualifications preferably BA/BSc or equivalent
- 4-6 years of Product Management experience at a consumer internet company, preferably a Top-200 website
- 4+ years of experience in SCRUM, Agile or RUP development processes
- 4-6 years of experience creating and writing effective business requirement documents, use cases, test cases, functional requirements and business cases
- 3-4 years of experience working with Web Developers, Engineers, UI Designers and QA to implement Web features.
- Strong background in user experience design on web and mobile handsets
- Experience in e-Commerce, or other consumer led web product
- Experience in mobile
- Advanced experience in writing Business Requirement Documents
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
- Ability to review and evaluate wireframes for new site designs
- Advanced knowledge of online/Internet A/B testing concepts and
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, scripting, .NET, ASP and other current Web
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (model building, pivot tables, graphing,
etc.), Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio)
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of the digital environment
- Knowledge/experience in website design and usability principle
- Ability to manage budgets, projects and timelines
- Ability to work with a wide number of stakeholders both internally and externally; experience co-ordinating cross functional teams
- Result oriented & able to motivate a team
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Able to travel to Indonesia and Thailand when required