The Finance function is separated into two parts; in-country Finance and Group Finance.
a) The in-country Finance team’s responsibilities include financial reporting internally for management and externally for compliance with statutory and taxation requirements. The team is also responsible of payroll processing that is performed in-house. We provide management reports to assist department heads with running their departments efficiently, and of course we also make sure we invoice our customers promptly and accurately, and pay our invoices to our suppliers on time! We are also responsible for local audit, banking and liaison with service providers.
b) Group Finance is responsible for strategic and practical Group-wide financial matters, including the regulatory requirements associated with the listing of our holding company and parent company on the Australian stock exchange and compliance with the requirements of the Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), all reporting and business information, treasury management, mergers & acquisitions, legal, tax, company secretarial and share capital management, financial and strategic planning and budgeting, investor relations, business analytics, board reporting, trademarks and risk management.
The Operations team supports the Classifieds Sales team by uploading and managing listings and advertising on our sites. The team is also responsible to provide excellent customer service and sales support to delight customers through excellence in service. Within Operations, we have several distinct teams:
a) Up loaders: we are the tireless team members who physically transfer onto the website all the data brought in by the Listings Force!
b) Customer Care: we look after callers (dealers and private sellers) who are struggling to use our site easily
c) Quality Assurance / Moderation: we confirm that the listings brought in by the Listings Force have all the details needed to be uploaded and are good-to-go. We also double-check listings to make sure that fraudulent ads and/or duplications never appear on our sites
To lead the MY Finance team. To ensure that there are adequate funds available to acquire the resources needed to help the organization achieve its objectives; costs are controlled, establish and control profitability level and to identify appropriate financial information prior to communicating this information to managers and decision-makers, in order that they may make informed judgments and decisions.
• Assist Group Financial Controller in financial month-end/quarterly/yearly closing and other finance/accounts related functions
• To draft yearly statutory audited report for MY
• To compute corporate tax/ liaise with tax agent on tax filling
• To oversee processing of Payroll and staff claims for MY team
• Forecasting and budgeting. Analyses a variety of financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures, cash management, cost projections, for the purpose of providing direction and support, making recommendations, maximizing use of funds, and/or ensuring overall operations are within budget/properly budgeted. Provide analytical graphs.
• Supervise Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
• Process invoices and payments in a timely manner
• Reconcile Bank Account
• Accounting, Reporting and Taxation – Timely and accurate reporting of Financial performance.
• Corporate Finance – Develop corporate planning and annual budget in conjunction with Group.
• Treasury – Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of cash flow management in order to meet the working capital requirement.
• Risk Management and Compliance – Establish internal processes that ensure delivery of the business strategy and compliance with external rules and regulations
• Legal – Ensure the legality of the business decision (where necessary, corporate solicitors advice will be seek)
• Relationship with external advisers – Establish and maintain professional relationships with external advisers
• Ensure appropriate allocation of resources within the country finance department
• Actively build and develop talent and team
• Plan and direct activities
• Work closely with HoDs to forecast monthly expenses
• Manage external relationships with customers, suppliers, auditors and financial institutions
• Actively participate in Strategic discussions
• Understand the operating environment, competitive forces and market dynamics
• Maintain regular and consistent punctuality
• Display a genuine interest in the operations of iCar Group
• Be proactive within your role in order to achieve goals within assigned deadlines and/or beyond what is expected
• Collaborate with the Management, undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required by the Management that may be reasonably foreseen through proactive role engagement and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
• Assist Country Manager in monitoring the EBITA.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or Professional certificates in ACCA/CIMA/CPA (completed or in progress)
• Preferred Big 4 experience
• Preferred online media/online company experience
• Solid experience (circa 3+ years) in a similar role, with strong Accounting knowledge and sound familiarity with accounting standards, local tax and custom law
• IT- and web-literate, especially in MS Office applications and MS Dynamics /GP software
• Experience managing external and compliance reporting
• Highly developed analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding numeracy and excellent use of English, with the ability to translate financial information into practical, user-friendly information
• People management experience (likely3 years +)
• Sophisticated communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in both written and spoken English
• Excellent leadership skills
• Very high standard of accuracy, presentation and attention to detail
• Be willing to go the extra mile in order to deliver outcomes
• Maintain organizational values, culture and reputation
• Effectively delegate via clear and consistent directives
Desirable knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Online media or media experience
• Previous experience working in ASEAN / SEA and familiarity making decisions in a low-structure environment
• Professional or academic qualification at Master’s (or higher) gained through extended further study at an internationally recognised institution in an English-speaking country e.g. US, UK, Australia
• Experience working for a multinational organisation where English is the primary business language
• Experience working in an audit firm