Position the role reports to
General Manager, Malaysia
Roles reporting to this role
Sales Managers, Listings Force, Tele-sales, Customer Product Manager
Display sales, Operations, Marketing, Editorial, Product, IT, HR, Finance, other countries
Purpose for this team:
To establish Carlist.my as the number 1 source for automotive listings in Malaysia by growing Dealership usage, number of cars up-loader per dealership, Private listings growth and revenue via depth product un-lift and penetration
Purpose of this role:
The Sales Director is responsible for creating and executing the classified & listings strategy and ensure iCar Asia is number 1 in Malaysia. Sales Director is to lead & coach a team of sales people to deliver outstanding revenue achievement and foster a high performance sales culture. Focus is on increasing listing’s volume to be a dominant number 1 in both dealers & private listings. Achieve revenue targets by up-selling to depth products and delivering outstanding customer service.
Leadership & Management
- Achieve sales targets consistently always striving to overachieve.
- Executes the sales strategy via quarterly 90 day plans.
- Lead objection handling sessions with sales team to ensure the are capable of overcoming in market.
- Creates and executes strategies to achieve team success through new and innovative solutions.
- Provide sales tools and operational processes to ensure the Sales strategy is executed correctly.
- Leads from the front and by actions, not words. These actions inspire the right behaviour across the team.
- Champions the iCar core values.
- Provides weekly reporting and forecasting on time and accurately.
- Best of breed telecommunication strategies are in place to maximise impact
Team Development and culture:
- Pro-actively performance manage the team to drive optimum performance of individuals and the team
- Induction of all new Account Managers to the team
- Weekly training of Account Managers – Sales process, negotiation, presentation, digital etc.
- Ensure Account Managers weekly KPI’s are met and pipelines updated
- Lead on-line education in Malaysia to Dealerships
- Coordinate the negotiation process for large client contracts.
- Establishes and builds close relationships with senior people at Dealerships.
- Responsible for the level of service and customer satisfaction experienced by our clients and Advertising Agencies.
- Champion our brand to the market.
- Seek market intelligence and feedback to the business on a regular basis to ensure we are developing and evolving our products & services and defining the Customer Marketing strategy and implementation
- Educate and train all dealerships to ensure they are self-uploading and providing quality moderation
- Working with Operations team to ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and to specification
- Working closely with other funcitonal teams ie. Conumer & Editorial, Marcomms & Insights and Product Innovation to ensure we deliver the most innvotive solutions to clients.
Technical Knowledge (Position Specific Skills and Experience)
- Marketing and/or business related degree.
- At least 3 years automotive advertising experience to dealers in Malaysia
- Minimum of 3 years people management experience
- At least 5 years offline media experience in senior sales or sales management
- In depth knowledge of advertising processes and strategies
- Computer / Internet / Software literacy
- Excellent organisation, time management and communication skills
- Numerate, understanding of excel, ppt, email and word
- Strategic – Able to think laterally to drive new revenue streams as well as devise and deploy the media strategy to fully monetise display ad revenue.
- Management style – Democratic and collaborative where appropriate to gain buy in from media team. This leads to accountability.
- Decision making – Able to be decisive and firm where appropriate. For example, performance management restructures etc.
- Adaptability – Enjoys and thrives in a constantly changing environment.
- Ambitious – wants to be the best and wont settle for anything but!
- Self motivated, driven by results, high energy and enthusiasm level, highly proactive nature
- Ability to build and maintains valuable business relationships
- Leadership – Ability to inspire behaviors to achieve the desired outcomes.